Saturday, October 25, 2008

ASCAP Feature Number Two!!!

For those of you who read this blog faithfully, you'll recall I was featured in ASCAP's Playback Magazine over the summer...

Well, as of this month, I have officially been featured twice! Two consecutive issues have listed my achievements in the "Stepping Out" column. This time, it was in recognition of the premiere of my piece "Hockets and Offbeats," both at my high school and in Europe over the summer.

If you have access to the magazine (either you receive it or have a music library nearby), check it out...it's at the back of the magazine in the "Stepping Out" column under the heading "Premiered."

In a few weeks, it will also appear on the ASCAP website. I will post the link here when it becomes available.

In other news, I have applied for ASCAP's Rudolf Nissim Prize, Sam Houstan State University (Texas) School of Music's Percussion Ensemble Composition Contest, and the IMEA SGM Composition Contest. I have an entry pending for the Luna New Music Ensemble Call for Scores, and for a few more that are coming up in early 2009. Wish me luck!

I also filed for my first copyright this week. I copyrighted a chart I made disambiguating different free reed aerophone instruments (instruments ending in -ica, -ium, -ion, and-eon, mostly), and accompanying photographs. The musicology department here was highly impressed by my work, recommended that I copyright it (as well as patent the format), and recommended that I use this format to make organology (instrument classification) more accessible (perhaps writing a textbook or using it as a grounds for a thesis/dissertation). How cool is that??? I will take a picture of the Copyright Certificate when it arrives.

That's all for now...sorry I've been lax on both writing this blog and recording my podcast, life is VERY busy right now.

That's all folks!!!

No comments: