Monday, September 15, 2008

Sorry!

Well friends, it appears that I have been swept away in college life and have neglected to post on here in a while. A short crash course on what I've been up to...

--practicing for my voice, piano, and composition lessons
--going to recitals, concerts, and CLASS
--studying, doing homework, writing essays, and reading texts
--rushing for the Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia music fraternity, epsilon chapter
--participating in the Composer's Forum Organization Committee
--participating in the Distinguised Guest Artist Chaffeur Brigade (driving for famous guest artists...Christopher Rouse is visiting a week from Friday, and I'll be one of his drivers!!! How cool!!!)
...and many other things.

A notable thing to mention, recently, is the launch of a comedy podcast based on music called, "Commentating the Classics." This is a "weekly" podcast featuring improvised comedy, based on the premise of commentating classical works as if they were sports broadcasts, while exploiting as many musical and general stereotypes as possible, and being as offensively humorous as possible. I play the lead host, Sir Richard Pancake, and also impersonate a weekly guest host. You can find it at:

http://web.me.com/corypark

It is also available on iTunes now! Just follow this link, if you have iTunes installed:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=291182281

If you don't have iTunes, use this link (same as above--visit it whether you have iTunes or not; it has some web-exclusive content):

http://web.me.com/corypark

It should be searchable in iTunes by the end of the week (which means it can be found by using the search dialog box). Just search for "Commentating the Classics" and refine it under the Podcasts category. Hopefully, I will add episodes weekly. Tell your friends, enemies, family, and neighbors!

Note: some content may be considered offensive and/or explicit language may be used. To that, I say: get over it. It's comedy.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think. I'm hoping it really takes off...after all, Google, Myspace, and Facebook were brainchildren of bored college students and just look at what happened to them! I may be on to something here...

http://web.me.com/corypark

More later, friends! In the meantime, listen to Sir Richard Pancake with guest host Bela Karolyi on this weeks "Commentating the Classics" featuring Ravel's Bolero!

No comments: